General safety measures
- Check the product for damage before use. Have damage repaired by Hilti Service.
- Check the accuracy of the product if it has been dropped or subjected to other mechanical stresses.
- Although the product is designed for the tough conditions of jobsite use, like other measuring instruments it should be treated with care.
- When not in use, products must be stored in a dry, high place or locked away out of reach of children.
- The product is not intended for use by children.
- Comply with national health and safety requirements.
Basic safety precautions
In addition to the information relevant to safety given in each of the sections of these operating instructions, the following points must be strictly observed at all times.
The product and its ancillary equipment can present hazards if used incorrectly by untrained personnel or if used not in accordance with the intended use.
- Keep all safety instructions and other instructions for future reference.
- Stay alert, watch what you are doing and use common sense when operating the product. Do not use the product while you are tired or under the influence of drugs, alcohol or medication. A moment of inattention while operating the product can result in serious personal injury.
- Do not render safety devices ineffective and do not remove information and warning notices.
- Laser radiation in excess of Class 2 can be emitted if the product is opened without correct procedure being followed. Have the product repaired by Hilti Service only.
- Do not tamper with or attempt to make alterations to the product.
- Before starting to use the product, always make sure that it is full working order.
- Readings taken through panes of glass or similar materials can falsify the result of measurement.
- People passing through the laser beam or other quick changes in measuring conditions can falsify the result of measurement.
- Never aim the product against the sun or other powerful light sources.
- Take the influences of the surrounding area into account. Do not use the device where there is a risk of fire or explosion.
- Follow the directions for operation, care and maintenance in the operating instructions.
Working safely with laser tools
- Laser Class 2/Class II tools may be operated only by appropriately trained persons.
- Laser beams should not be projected at eye height.
- Precautions must be taken to ensure that the laser beam does not unintentionally strike highly reflective surfaces.
- Precautions must be taken to ensure that persons do not stare directly into the beam.
- The laser beam must not be allowed to project beyond the controlled area.
- Switch the laser tool off when it is not in use.
- Store laser tools, when not in use, in places to which unauthorized persons have no access.
Proper arrangement of the workplace
- Avoid unusual postures when working on ladders. Maintain firm footing and balance at all times.
- Secure the site where you are taking measurements and when using the product do not direct the laser beam toward other persons or toward yourself.
- When the product is brought into a warm environment from very cold conditions, or vice-versa, allow it to become acclimatized before use.
- Use the product only within its specified limits.
- Keep the laser aperture clean to avoid measurement errors.
- Comply with the national accident prevention regulations.
Although the product complies with the strict requirements of the applicable directives,
cannot entirely rule out the possibility of interference to the product caused by powerful electromagnetic radiation, possibly leading to incorrect operation. Check the accuracy of the device by taking measurements by other means when working under such conditions, or if you are unsure. Likewise,
cannot rule out the possibility of interference with other devices (e.g. aircraft navigation equipment). The product complies with the requirements of class A; the possibility of interference in a residential environment cannot be excluded.
Only for Korea: This laser range meter is suitable for commercial and industrial use and for the electromagnetic radiation encountered in this field (Class A). The user must be aware of this and shall not use this laser range meter in residential environments.